Click here to view a complete list of KEEA Members.
How Many Apps Does it Take to Upgrade to an Efficient Bulb?
A new, free mobile app helps residents easily switch to energy efficient lighting which uses up to 75% less energy than standard incandescent lighting.
Based on simple user inputs, Light Bulb Finder recommends CFL replacements with the right fit and features for each household. Users Can:
- Easily input fixture and bulb types as they go from room to room.
- Choose which bulbs to replace based on financial payback and environmental savings.
- View savings calculated for their own electricity rate and lighting usage.
- Buy bulbs directly via mobile phone or purchase at local retailers.
- Encourage others to take action by sharing energy and environmental savings on Facebook and other social networks.
Home energy auditors, utilities, schools, conservation groups, and other sustainability leaders can use the app to drive energy efficiency throughout local communities. Light Bulb Finder can be integrated with rebate and coupon programs and supported by regional energy and environmental savings reports.
For a tour and download information, visit www.lightbulbfinder.net. View a printable 1-page overview of the Light Bulb Finder app here.
Light Bulb Finder was developed by Eco Hatchery, a software and services firm specializing in community-based sustainability programs.