Click here to view a complete list of KEEA Members.
DVGBC is Now Hiring: Manager of Policy and Advocacy
DVGBC seeks candidates for a new position, Manager of Policy and Advocacy. DVGBC is a non-profit organization working to promote green building practices in the Delaware Valley. We are the local chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council; our region covers the five-county Philadelphia region, the Lehigh Valley and the state of Delaware. This is a full-time job, reporting to the Executive Director. The preliminary job description includes the following tasks:
- Develop and direct implementation of policy agenda for the chapter
- Work closely with U.S. Green Building Council Advocacy team
- Support Key Performance Indicator tracking and reporting for USGBC grant
- Recruit and organize volunteers, including DVGBC Board members; establish regular meetings with goals and tasks for volunteers
- Work closely with, and support partner PA chapters on statewide policy and advocacy initiatives
- Establish annual Advocacy Day in PA and DE
- Ensure elected officials and decision-makers are invited to all DVGBC events
- Track relationships among staff, volunteers, and decision-makers
- Follow key policy developments at state and local levels and new issues, such as Healthy Products Declaration, etc.
- Develop and maintain partnerships, e.g., Energy Efficient Buildings Hub, City of Philadelphia Office of Sustainability, USGBC Advocacy staff
- Track and report on goals; communicate to key stakeholders
- Write policy briefs for DVGBC and policy decision-makers
- Develop tools, including advocacy alerts, to engage our constituents around policy initiatives
- Develop new markets and non-traditional audiences; look for opportunities to connect on other areas of focus, such as green schools
- Raise funds for policy work
- Coordinate and collaborate with staff leading Greenbuild 2013, Green Schools and other DVGBC initiatives
Experience & Skills
- 5-7 years’ work experience in sustainable design/building, or related field
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Work experience in policy or political area; in PA or DE a plus
- Skilled verbal communicator
- Strong writing skills for lay audience
- Team player; strong collaborator
- Outgoing and enjoys networking
- Able to juggle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Experienced meeting facilitator
Salary based on skills and experience. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 20, 2013.
Click here to download a PDF of this job posting.
The Delaware Valley Green Building Council works to inspire, educate, and connect people around green building practices that will transform our communities into healthier, more prosperous places for people to live, work and learn.
Formed in 2001, the DVGBC is a chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council, the nation’s foremost coalition of leaders from across the building industry working to promote buildings that are environmentally responsible, profitable, and healthy places to live and work. The DVGBC is the primary point of contact for users, agencies, and companies interested in sustainable communities and is a leader in fostering cooperation and collaboration among organizations dedicated to environmentally responsible practices in the building industry. The objective of implementing green building practices is to improve site planning; to safeguard water and ensure its efficient use; to maximize energy efficiency, conserve materials and resources and insure indoor environmental quality. The goal is to significantly reduce or eliminate the negative impact of buildings on their occupants and on our environment.